- 1 cup cooked Quinoa cooked according to package directions
- 1T cooking olive oil
- 5-7 curry leaves
- 1/8 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1 tsp each of cumin powder and coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp each turmeric and salt
- 1 small diced sweet potato par-boiled (I add it to a bowl of water and microwave for 3-5min till fork tender)
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- Coriander leaves for garnish
Warm oil on medium high heat, add mustard seeds and after 30 seconds add curry leaves (warning: they will sputter). Add sweet potato and sautée till they start to turn brown 4-5min. Add peppers and continue to sauté 2-3min more. Add cooled cooked quinoa and stir to combine. Add cumin, coriander, turmeric and salt and stir to combine well. Continue to sauté until quinoa is warm again and everything is well combined. Sprinkle with the juice of one lime, adjust salt and serve with a garnish of chopped coriander leaves.
I served it in a hollowed out avocado shell with fresh diced avocado on top! Yum!