Day 10: 30 days to fit

Joy and Temperance and Repose. Slam the door on the doctor’s nose. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

A third of the way there and I’m realizing that this journey is so much more mental than anything else. We make choices every minute of every day – many of them very deliberately! And yet most of us aren’t so deliberate about our food choices. We eat till we are stuffed, we drink till we are drunk—pay the price but then go back and do it again anyway promising ourselves all the while that we will never eat/drink like that ever again! But if you slow down – really slow down and think about what’s going into your mouth- SIT down (yes that’s all you moms and dads who eat on the fly), honor your food, appreciate it and then savor every bite– it takes very little to make you full!

Today my diet was pretty consistent with the past ten days so I won’t list it out– sane smoothie, salad with cucumbers and tomatoes from my garden for lunch (teaspoon of olive tapenade served as dressing)…I want to talk about dinner…

My chef extraordinaire husband made Mexican pizza – taco meat left over from taco Monday – deep fried fajita tortillas with a layer of refried beans between two perfectly crisped tortillas topped with taco meat, lettuce, tomatoes, jack cheese, diced jalapeños from our garden, and a sour crema sauce that he whipped up with fresh cilantro and other magic! Bake in the oven till cheese melts and enjoy!! Naturally being gluten free this month- I’m not supposed to partake- but, I just HAD to try it. So I did– just one quarter of it– but oh my was that incredible! I refused to feel guilty about it– i wasn’t about to dilute the experience. The rest of my meal was taco salad and Cholula hot sauce as dressing!

I’m feeling mighty satisfied!

2 thoughts on “Day 10: 30 days to fit

  1. You had me at Cholula 😉

    It’s ironic how so much of what we want to accomplish in life is mental. The physical part is so much simpler than the mental part. I used to play a lot of golf and there is a saying that goes “Golf is 90% mental, and the other 10% is mental.”

    What goes on in our head really defines how we approach so many things. Kudos to you for living life on your terms (and for enjoying a bit of that Mexican pizza) 🙂

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s